Things To Do in Door County
Top Ten Travel Destinations
The Door County Peninsula was recently selected by Money magazine as one of the Top 10 destinations in North America. With more state parks, lighthouses, galleries and miles of shoreline than any other county in the country, this treasure combines pristine scenery with acclaimed performing arts, renowned galleries and shops, and pampering accommodations.
Whether your priority is relaxation or recreation … Door County has something for you. Many resources are listed on this website. There are numerous other possibilities – check out the Door County Visitors Bureau. And the staff at the Landmark Resort are happy to help with their personal recommendations.
The list of things to do and attractions to see throughout the Door County Peninsula is extensive. The Landmark Resort is central to everything that a Door County vacation has to offer. The outstanding photos and fun write-ups are on other pages, but here’s a few highlights.
Festivals & Events
Egg Harbor Farmers Market | Fridays (June 4 – Oct 8)
Egg Harbor Concerts in the Park | Thursdays nights (June 17 – August 19)
Peninsula Century Spring Classic | June 19, 2021
Peg Egan Sunset Concert Series | Sunday nights (July 4 – August 29)
Door County Sports & Classic Car Show | August 7, 2021
Egg Harbor Sidewalk Sale | August 21, 2021
Pumpkin Patch | October 9-10, 2021
Holly Days | November 26-27, 2021
* Air Rides ….. Grizzly Tours, Inc | 920-493-7315
* Family Fun ….. Hands On Art Studio | 920-868-9311
* Family Fun ….. The Farm | 920-743-6666
* Family Fun ….. Plum Loco Animal Farm | 920-743-1617
* Family Fun ….. Stoneboat Famr Exotics | 920-421-0082
* Go Karts ….. Egg Harbor Fun Park | www.EggHarborFunPark.com | 920-868-9417
* Paddle & Pedal …. Cave Point Paddle & Pedal | www.cavepointpp,com | 920-868-1400
* Segway ….. Door County Segway | www.offroadsegwayadventures.com | 920-421-4111
* Spin Art ….. Hands On Art Studio | www.HandsOnArtStudio.com | 920-868-9311
* Zip Line ….. Door County Adventure Center | www.dcadventurecenter.com | 920-746-9539
Biking and Hiking
* Bike Rental ….. Nor Door Sport & Cyclery | 920-868-2275
Door County is surrounded by water – in fact, there is over 300 miles of shoreline. It is not too difficult to find activities that include the water, are on the water, or are related to the water.
* Boat Rental ….. Door County Boat REntal | www.DoorCountyBoatRentals.com | 920-746-6071
* Boat Tours …… Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tours | www.doorcountyboats.com | 920-421-4442
* Boat Tours ….. The Shoreline Scenic Cruises & Charters | www.shorelinecharters.net | 920-854-4707
* Kayak Tours …… Door County Adventure Center | www.dcadventurecenter.com | 920-746-9539
* Kayak Tours …… Door County Kayak Tours | DoorCountyKayakTours.com | 920-868-1400
* Kayak Rental ….. Bay Shore Outfitters | 920-854-7598
* Door County Charters | 920-559-2665
* First Choice Charter Fishing | 920-839-2055
* Silver Strike Fishing | 920-854-6069
Click here for a complete list of Door County golf courses. With its unique geography and verdant landscapes, Door County is the perfect setting for golf. There are eleven golf courses of varying lengths and degree of challenge.
* Kurtz Corral | www.kurtzcorral.com | 920-743-6742
There are eleven lighthouses that dot the peninsula, many of which are open to the public for tours. Additionally, the Door County Maritime Museum hosts a spring and fall Lighthouse Festival that features special access to a number of lighthouses.
Click here for an overview of Door County lighthouses, as well as a link to the Door County Maritime Museum.
* Lighthouse Tours ….. Door County Adventure Center | 920-746-9539
* Door County Trolley ….. 920-868-1100
There are eight wineries that are members of the Door County Wine Trail. Click here for a complete list of local wineries.
Do you feel the pull of the water? In a place with 300 miles of shoreline, it’s hard not to.
* Baileys Harbor Marina | 920-839-9778
* Egg Harbor Marina | 920-868-2048
* Fish Creek Marina | 920-868-3476
* Egg Harbor Fun Park | 920-868-9417
* Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf | 920-854-4929
Click here for a list of museums – great places to visit on that rainy day.
* Alexander Noble House Museum | www.historicnoble.org | 920-868-2091
* Belgian Heritage Center | www.belgianheritagecenter.org | 920-825-1199
* Bjorklunden’s Chapel | www.lawrence.edu/dept/bjork | 920-839-2216
* Cana Island Lighthouse | www.dcmm.org | 920-743-5958
* The Corner of the Past Museum | www.sisterbayhistory.com | 920-854-7680
* Death’s Door Maritime Museum | www.dcmm.org | 920-743-5958
* Door County History Museum | www.doorcountyhistoricalmuseum.com | 920-920-743-5809
* Door County’s Maritime Museum | www.dcmm.org | 920-743-5958
* Eagle Bluff Lighthouse Museum | www.eagleblufflighthouse.org | 920-421-3636
* Ephriam Historical Foundation | 920-854-9688
* The Farm | www.thefarmindoorcounty.com | 920-743-6666
* Heritage Village at Big Creek | www.doorcountyhistoricalsociety.org | 920-421-2332
* Jackson Harbor Maritime Museum | 920-847-2179
* Jacobsen Museum | 920-847-2213
* Miller Art Museum | 920-746-0707
* Washington Island Art and Nature Center | www.wianc.org | 920-847-2025
* Washington Island Farm Museum
Outdoor Movie Theatre
Current movies in a nostalgic setting.
* Skyway Drive-In Theatre | 920-854-9938
Experience Door County from breathtaking new heights. See the rocky shoals, tree covered islands, and boats dotting the waters below while you soar above with an experience that is sure to last a lifetime.
Parasail Door County | 920-854-0199 | email@example.com
Check this page for a complete list of Performing Arts venues. Click here.
Sail the waters surrounding Door County. Enjoy a variety of sailing experiences: day tours, lighthouse tours, private charters, and sunset tours. Contact Sail Door County. Call 920-495-7245 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a link to the Egg Harbor Business Association. List of local shopping spots.
Fourteen different uniquely-themed trolley tours. Open year round. Also offer charter services.
* Door County Trolley | 920-868-1100