Commitment to Clean
Your safety is our top priority. The Landmark Resort is committed to taking the appropriate cleanliness and safety measures to protect our guests. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Landmark Resort. We extend our best wishes for your continued health and safety!
But just because people are back out doesn’t mean that they should ease off social distancing or wearing a face mask. Taking precautions and following safe practices will help us get through this. Infectious disease experts say that COVID-19 is far from over. Everyone has to determine what their individual risk is and what risk they are willing to take.
Precautions and Safeguards
- A plexiglass sneeze-guard has been added to the Front Desk check-in area.
- All resort staff will wear facial masks.
- We ask that our guests wear a facial covering or mask when in public areas (pool, lobbies, etc).
- Sanitizer stations will be located throughout the resort.
- We ask that all guests respect a proper physical distance staying 6-feet from anyone not in your group.
- We added physical markers on the floor in our lobby to continue to reinforce the physical distancing message.
- We ask that only one family member checks in at the front desk.
- All touch point areas, including credit card machines and key cards will be sanitized after each transaction.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectant resort-wide when sanitizing.
- Reservations are spread out across the property, and when possible: any suite that has been occupied will have 24 hours of vacancy following that stay.
- Signage reinforces proper hygiene.
- Continued sanitizing of high touch point surfaces including: faucets, trash-receptacles, vending machines, elevators, keypads, luggage carts, stair handrails, and counters.
- All interior doors that are able, will be propped open – to eliminate one more touch point.
- EPA-approved chemicals are used in the swimming pools, and safety protocols meet or exceed industry standards.
Changes and Temporary Closures
- Game Room, Steam Rooms and public showers will remain closed at this time (since they are relatively small).
- In effort to reduce contact and possible exposure to the virus, our housekeeping staff will not enter an occupied guest room. As a result, traditional stay-over service will no longer be available.
- Should you need a change of linens or fresh towels, simply call the Front Desk at ext 5055 – and they will see that amenities are delivered outside of the door.
- High touch items have been removed from our suites, including: pens, note pads, informational binder, and menus.
- The complimentary coffee has temporarily been discontinued (based on CDC recommendations regarding self-service foodservice areas).
- Some of the chairs and loungers have been removed to aid in physical distancing.
- Remote check-out is available through our Express Check-Out station.
- We apologize for any inconvenience related to these necessary modifications (mentioned above).
- Temperature checks will be required for any associate coming on property. Any associate with a temperature higher than 100.4 will not be permitted on property.
- When possible, all training and on boarding will be given virtually.
- Associates with exposure or symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to stay home and follow isolation protocol.
Maintenance Dept Changes
- The maintenance department will follow a new protocol when making a requested repair in an occupied unit.
- When finished with a repair, the maintenance staff will disinfect any surfaces that were touched in the repair process.
- QDII Sanitizer will be used by the maintenance crew. QDII Sanitizer is a disinfectant, deodorizer, mildew-stat, and virucide – all in one.
Service and Other
- Service may be slower than usual due to our COVID-19 safety protocols for staff and guests. Thank you for your patience.
- As always, the entire Landmark Resort staff are available to assist with anything related to safety and wellness.
- We are considering any and all recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. public health officials.
While we are taking recommended steps to ensure the safety of our guests, we cannot guarantee that you will be safe from exposure to the COVID-19 virus while vacationing in Door County. Each of our guests should evaluate their own assessment of their risk of exposure in making the decision to travel during these times.